Skip to main content

1 Year with PouchNATION

Hola world!
It's been a really long time since the last time I casually write in my blog.
2016 to 2017 have been an amazing journey for me. It has been the 2 years where I have accomplished many small and big things, and have made some of my dreams come true (many more to come).
After graduating from University with all the targets achieved, I joined a company called PouchNATION. PouchNation is a leading cashless payment system provider and providing event and guest management for Event Organizers.



Joining the company since November 2016, up to today, it's been the 14th month I have been in this company, and my journey here has been filled with A LOT of exciting experiences. I got to say, I've been working in a company where most of my friends wish they can join too.
Here's how I can wrap up a bit of my 1 year journey with PouchNATION!


How I joined the company
It was started when I worked for the Ministry of Youth and Students with their project called TAFISA (The Association for International Sports for All) 6th World Games. In this job, I worked in the division that dealt with all international participants and all the participant's accreditation for the games. Within my division, we partnered with PouchNATION as our accreditation system provider. From this job, I met them and got chances to talk a lot with one of their representatives.
BUT. Trust me, it was not as easy as what you thought!
NO, I didn't just talk with them, and instantly got the job.
How I got the job is because of my "whole life persistency and experiences".

So, there was this guy from the company that I talked with, and I simply told him "Hi kak, after TAFISA is done, please let me know if you have any openings in your company. I would like to try to apply". 
Right after TAFISA ended, this guy contacted me again and told me that there was an opening position I can apply to this company, so there I go, applied for this job.
I got interviewed by 2 of their founders (yes, the founders directly because turns out this company is still a startup but...I mean, a really cool one!). The interview went long but easy. Instead of they got many questions targeting to me and what qualifications I have to make them take me for the company, it was more like they explained to me what the company is about, and the position I was applying for. They also further asked me whether I would still like to apply for the position, reconsidering my academics background that has less to do with the position.

Long story short, 1 day after the interview, I got accepted! The guy told me that the bosses liked me.
Months after I joined the company, I found out that the guy actually recommended me a lot to the bosses..like, A LOT, and I wonder WHY?
Truth to be told, even tho I and the guy went to the same university, but we never talked or even knew each other. Turns out, he had stalked and reviewed me over the internet, and saw all my social media accounts. From all my posts on social media, he can know that I am a hard worker and have worked a lot during my university years.

Here's why I told you, that I got this job due to my "whole life persistency and experiences". YES! Imagine if I have never been a person who worked a lot and beyond miles during my university years. Imagine if I have never achieved anything outstanding by then and have nothing extra-ordinary things to post on my social media accounts. Imagine if all I have in my accounts are just foods, and cool-swaggy pictures of me.. Probably I will not get this job, because those strangers, that guy, will never know (from my internet profiles) that I have done and accomplished many things in life, and he will never recommend me that well to his bosses.

That's why I tell you, I get this job easy (only through an email application and an easy going interview), due to the hard life I have chosen to have during my university years.

What I do in the company
OK. Move on from the story of how I got this job. Now let's see what I do in the company.
My proportions of work is also interesting. I can say that I work 35% on the desk, 35% on the field of events, and 30% in WhatsApp. YES! WhatsApp!
Our company is a regional company where on daily basis, I have to coordinate and work with the people from the other offices in other countries.
During my first year in this company also, I have been able to go to many types of events. This company has made me go to the sports events such as Music Run, to big Music Festivals such as Kolour & Mystic Festival in Thailand, INVASION in Jakarta, to Viral Fest in Thailand, to big conferences such as GMIC, to concerts such as Armin van Buuren's concerts, and maaany more!

I've got the job that most of the youngsters want! Yes. That job where I can go to cool events for free, and experienced a lot of different types of events.
For that, I am blessed.

But again, in order to get all these sweets, there are sacrifices I have to make.
Working in this division of Operations, I work with (I can say) the most interesting kind of position I have ever thought of. This position made me be able to talk like a salesperson, plan the works systematically and technically with a manager mindset, translate the language of event organizers with things they want to have in the event into the language of developers which also made me think technically like a technology engineer. This type of job-desc requires lots of persistence, lots of patience, and skills. Yes, many times this job-desc made me crash my head to the wall for real.
It is actually so hard for me to have this such of skill for being able to talk and coordinate with (far) different types of people.
Besides, working in events that mostly happen in the weekend and out of the city (even out of countries), have reduced significantly my sleep, rest, and family time. Well, it's fine.. I have had sleepless life since High School anyway :)

Where I have gone with the company
Now let's see more sweet parts of this job.
I have the job that most of the millennials in my ages have dreamed to have. Traveling overseas for free!
With PouchNATION, I have traveled many times to Thailand
I also have traveled to Singapore
Then they have also sent me to The Philippines for a beach music festival called Summer Siren

I have also traveled to Malaysia on behalf of this company... 4 times!
Besides traveling overseas within Southeast Asia, I also have traveled to Bali!! Like, I mean BALI!! That amazing and super popular heaven of Indonesia.
Life is beautiful, isn't it? Especially if you feel grateful for everything you have. So do I!
Regardless of all the restless and sleepless life, all those hassle and struggles I have to make from airports to airports, I am so grateful that within 1 year of my journey in PouchNATION, they have allowed me to visit many new places. 
1 year with PouchNATION has been so amazing to me. Let's see what 2018 will bring to my life.

Comments

Dwika said…
A very nice sharing, Okta. Masa pas baca “crash my head on the wall” aku mbayangin kamu jedugin kepala ke tembok. Tapi emang bener sih ya, semuanya harus berproses kayak ceritamu. Sukses terusss yaaa.
Oktafia Putri said…
iya dwika. to be honest, memang sampe beberapa kali ngejedotin kepala ke tembok sangking mumetnya. hehe. makannya smpe nulis gitu.
thank you dwikaa. sukses terus juga dirimu

Popular posts from this blog

My University Life Story; Sophomore Year

Have I told you how severe my condition when I started my freshman year?? Have I told you that with that small amount of money, it was only enough for me to pay for the transportation (the long and tiring one) and a small pack of an ice tea?? YES it was only enough for that, daily. Every single day, I had to bring my own lunch box and a tumblr full of water from home... That added my heavy bag full with books already. No wonder I was always so small no matter how much I ate. lol :) Before you continue reading this article of my sophomore year in university, I strongly suggest you to read my freshman year story first, here: "Oktafia's Freshman Story" . So, let's now continue the story :)

My University Life Story; Junior Year

I remember that night as I just finished my class and I was on my way back home. It was a usual tiring day as I was walking down the bus’ shelter, crossing the super long bridge to take another bus route, it was so tiring both physically and mentally. I opened up my phone and looked up for the result of my latest test for the student exchange program to Beijing, only to find out I failed. All over again. I could not hold back my tears as I cried on my way to the bus, in that public space. In a flash, all the memories of failures came across my head. I remember back in high school, I held no money more than transportation fee as usual. But I braced myself with a friend to go miles away to the southern part of Jakarta, back and forth so many times after school and went back home late, for the student exchange program tests. These 2 kids of 14 years old running under the rain in the middle of the night, miles away from home, to get to the bus, only to try many times for the student e

Contoh Essay dalam B.inggris

seperti di postingan gue sebelumnya, gue pernah share tentang tips2 nulis beasiswa biar tembus buat univ2 dalam negri... and there you gooo... berikut ini adalah 2 essay gue yg tembus di universitas paramadina... *jadi beasiswa universitas paramadia itu ada 2 tahap, tahap pertama seleksi essay dari 1000 peserta seluruh indonesia, akan dipilih 150 essay/peserta untuk ikut tahap kedua yaitu tahap interview...dan berikut adalah kedua essay gue yg bikin gue lolos tahap interview beasiswa paramadia *pengumumannya sih belom, doain ja yaa* oia essay yang gue tulis dua duanya pake bahasa inggris *walaupun gak diwajibin dari pihak univ* tapi pake bahasa asing itu jadi nilai plus