Skip to main content

Love

Sometimes we do fall in love not with a person, but with the idea of a person. The perfect idea of it.
Not even from a touch of a hand, not even from a warmth of a hug. It can simply come from a glance at the eyes or just a look on the face.



Just as the word “fall”, when we fall, it’s not something that we plan. Most of the time, we don’t even want to fall. So does with the “fall in love”.

The scenario would just be so simple when we have spent many times with a person we feel most comfortable with, and the understandings have been created between one another. So that the cupid can come and make both parts fall in love. But it’s not always as that simple.

If people say that we can fall in love due to many reasons. It can be due to the touches we’ve had with the person we’ve fallen with. Or due to the intentions, the care have been given, the times spent together, the memories created, the kisses, and mostly the kindness.

But how if what makes you fall is not something reasonable. How if you haven’t even touched, what you’ve had was not so memorable, and the time you’ve spent was so short? How if the touches you’ve gotten were only some shakes of the hands or even a friendly hug? How if all the things ever happened between you and that person were only the uncontrollable things due to many reasons such as the high feeling you got after drinking too much? Or due to the lonely feeling you’ve had? Because if that’s so, everything ever happened to you and that person was not so intended or not so meant to be. The kisses were not purely because you both feel something, probably it was because you guys were so lonely or so drunk to realize. Or the hugs were not so special as how you expected because probably they were only the friendly ones? How if those things happened? It should not cause the love then.

But how if the heart is so stupid? How if by those unreasonable causes, the heart still say that you are falling in love with that person? It still should be fine actually. But since the reasons why you fall are unreasonable ones, this means that mostly the person you fall in love with, never even count those things to make them fall in love back to you.

Then there we fall in love with the idea of that person we fall with. At the end of the day, we just realize that it’s not that actually we do fall in love with the person, because everything we’ve had with the person was not memorable and not special at all. It was the person that is special.

At the end of the day, what makes a person who falls in love feel so stupid is the realization of that person, knowing that she/he is actually falling in love with the idea of someone. Not with someone. It is the shape of the body that we fall in love with, not the presence of the person. It is the face that we fall in love with, not the smiles. And it is the skin that we fall in love with, not the touches.

And wanna know the worst part of that? It’s the another effect that makes you put your standard so high. The imagination of the perfect idea of a person that we fell with, makes us putting a standard too high on only wanting the next person we will fall in love have to be like that person, or even better looked than that person.

It is sad that once you’ve tasted a perfection of an idea of a person, you will keep rejecting the good ones that are coming, just simply because they don’t fit your imagination, just simply they are not as perfect as your idea of that person you fell with.

The thing is, love is just love. We can say that we can try to love something, or someone, but most of the times, love just happens and just comes in any possible and impossible ways. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My University Life Story; Sophomore Year

Have I told you how severe my condition when I started my freshman year?? Have I told you that with that small amount of money, it was only enough for me to pay for the transportation (the long and tiring one) and a small pack of an ice tea?? YES it was only enough for that, daily. Every single day, I had to bring my own lunch box and a tumblr full of water from home... That added my heavy bag full with books already. No wonder I was always so small no matter how much I ate. lol :) Before you continue reading this article of my sophomore year in university, I strongly suggest you to read my freshman year story first, here: "Oktafia's Freshman Story" . So, let's now continue the story :)

My University Life Story; Junior Year

I remember that night as I just finished my class and I was on my way back home. It was a usual tiring day as I was walking down the bus’ shelter, crossing the super long bridge to take another bus route, it was so tiring both physically and mentally. I opened up my phone and looked up for the result of my latest test for the student exchange program to Beijing, only to find out I failed. All over again. I could not hold back my tears as I cried on my way to the bus, in that public space. In a flash, all the memories of failures came across my head. I remember back in high school, I held no money more than transportation fee as usual. But I braced myself with a friend to go miles away to the southern part of Jakarta, back and forth so many times after school and went back home late, for the student exchange program tests. These 2 kids of 14 years old running under the rain in the middle of the night, miles away from home, to get to the bus, only to try many times for the student e

Contoh Essay dalam B.inggris

seperti di postingan gue sebelumnya, gue pernah share tentang tips2 nulis beasiswa biar tembus buat univ2 dalam negri... and there you gooo... berikut ini adalah 2 essay gue yg tembus di universitas paramadina... *jadi beasiswa universitas paramadia itu ada 2 tahap, tahap pertama seleksi essay dari 1000 peserta seluruh indonesia, akan dipilih 150 essay/peserta untuk ikut tahap kedua yaitu tahap interview...dan berikut adalah kedua essay gue yg bikin gue lolos tahap interview beasiswa paramadia *pengumumannya sih belom, doain ja yaa* oia essay yang gue tulis dua duanya pake bahasa inggris *walaupun gak diwajibin dari pihak univ* tapi pake bahasa asing itu jadi nilai plus